Anyone wishing to be included on the comp entry list will need to be a CNW member in good standing. Being a member in good standing is defined as follows:
- Has a current/paid CNW membership.
- Agrees to wear the CNW uniform (Orange top and black shorts/bottoms) at ALL possible races (including those when an athlete doesn’t receive a comp entry) unless given an exception by the team manager.
- Sends a race recap/results to firstname.lastname@example.org so the club can publish results of our competitive runners.
Athletes requesting comps must also meet the following standard at the distance of your choice within the last 2 years.
- 5K: 19:15
- 10K: 39:00
- Half Marathon: 90:00
- Marathon: 3:10
- 5K: 20:00
- 10K: 41:00
- Half Marathon: 1:35
- Marathon: 3:20
- 5K: 17:00
- 10K: 35:00
- Half Marathon: 78:00
- Marathon: 2:45
- 5K: 17:30
- 10K: 37:00
- Half Marathon: 82:00
- Marathon: 2:55
If you meet the above requirements, email the team manager, Mark Bloudek, at email@example.com requesting to be included on the comp entry email list.
How comps work
- When comps are available, emails are sent out to all athletes on the comp list with a deadline to express interest.
- Once the deadline is reached, the team manager will make the final selections for the comps. We will notify everyone of the outcome by email.
- Comp announcements are sent out as early as possible so that athletes can register for the race themselves if they do not get selected.
- The criteria for races varies depending on time standards from race directors. These standards will continue to be clearly communicated in the race announcement emails.
- The primary criteria for selecting comp entry recipients is one’s racing acumen. There is an age graded time adjustment for masters athletes when evaluating racing acumen.
- The secondary criteria is balancing the comp entry recipients between all eligible CNW members.
- An athlete must be RACING (jogging or running substantially slower than one is capable of is not considered racing) to receive a comp entry.
- If you become injured after receiving a comp entry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so the we can offer the comp entry to someone else.