Events: Cross-Country, Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k and 10k (road and track)
College/University Competed For: Western Oregon University (2001-2005, graduated in 2006)
5000m (track): 15:07 in 2002 Husky Stadium
10,000m (track): 31:36 in 2005 Willamette Salem, OR
5000m (road): 15:40 in 2012 Firecracker
10,000m (road): 32:31 in 2011 Snoqualmie RR Days
Half Marathon: 1:10:03 in 2012 Mercer Island
Marathon: 2:25:02 in 2012 Eugene
- Began running Cross-Country and Track at Kellogg Middle School in 7th grade.
- Ran Cross-Country and Track all four years at Shorecrest High School (graduated in 2001).
- Ran 18:40 5k XC freshman year in 1997, improved about 2 1/2 mins by senior year in 2000. 16:06 was my 5k personal best in high school.
- In track, I ran 5:00 in 1600m and 10:51 in 3200m my freshman year in 1998. My senior track season in 2001, I ran 4:30 1600m and 9:35 in 3200m. Definitely a huge improvement.
- Ran Cross-Country and Track all four years at Western Oregon University (Fall 2001-Spring 2005, graduated in 2006).
- Joined Club Northwest in the summer months of 2010.
- Currently running my 5th season of Cross-Country with Club Northwest (2010-present)
- Won the Whidbey Island Marathon in April 2010 with a time of 2:30:23
- Completed the Boston Marathon in April 2011 with a new PR of 2:27:48.
Active member on the Board of Directors for Club Northwest since 2012. Help out at all 12 Club Northwest Summer All-Comers Track and Field Meets at Shoreline Stadium. My main role is announcing, which I really enjoy (have been volunteering regularly with All-Comers meets since 2011). I also regularly volunteer at the Resolution Run 5k and Polar Bear Dive on New Years Day as well as the Firecracker 5000 in early July. Also a member of the CNW Membership Committee. I served as an assistant coach for the Club Northwest Youth Track and Field Team for two years (2012 and 2013). I also do some volunteer coaching with Rain City Flyers on occasion.
I have been fortunate to serve as an Assistant Cross-Country Coach for The Northwest School since 2012. I have coached Middle School XC since 2012 and I coached High School XC in 2013 and 2014. Joe Bisignano, also a competitive runner and Club Northwest member, is the Head Cross-Country Coach at the Northwest School for both Middle School and High School. I also serve as Co-Head Coach with the Northwest High School Track and Field Team. I coached Track and Field in 2013 and 2014 and will return in that same role in the Spring of 2015. I also have worked part-time at Road Runner Sports (Greenlake store) since 2011 as a Shoe Fit specialist.
Youngest of three children. My brother Scott lives in Burien with his wife and their beloved dog, Beatrice. Scott works as an auto mechanic. My sister Christine lives in Tucson, Arizona with her fiancee, Jeremy, and their dog, Hitch. Christine is currently working on earning her Ph.D and works for the University of Arizona to help pay her continuing education. My parents still live in Shoreline. My father works as a longshoreman at the Port of Seattle and is a proud member of ILWU (International Longshore and Warehouse Union). My mother stays busy volunteering, keeping the house and yard pristine, cooking, and working out daily to name a few. She is only 5 foot tall but she is tough...